This blog was really designed for me and others in the interwebs to vent their grievances. Yes there is twitter, and facebook and formspring... and even god forbid myspace.

But this blog comes with fun facts!

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sore Feet

So I recently started a new job, I work in a supermarket as a "checkout chick" which I actually really enjoy, because I get to complain to people and make them listen as I hold their groceries hostage. One side effect of this though is really bad foot pain from long haul standing. When asking some of the more seasoned workers what they did to stop the pain, they replied "we don't." Don't think I've ever been more disappointed in an answer.

Photobucket




One of the most painful foot conditions, trench foot came about in the First World War with the unsanitary conditions in the trenches. Treatments included rubbing whale blubber on the feet of soldiers as a type of coating, but it was eventually found that this in fact sped up the onset of trench foot due to sweating.

It was also reported that there were cases of trench foot at the 2007 Glastonbury Festival

Might just go soak mine in a bucket of warm water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers